The Milton Area Chamber of Commerce provides collaboration between non profits and the business community, to improve the awareness of, non-profit organizations that serve, or are based, in the Milton Area . With our non-profits engaged we are able to present charitable and civic organizations with the opportunity to create meaningful connections with other non-profits and businesses in the community that look to improve the overall quality of life in Milton and surrounding communities.
Below are links to the websites of our Community Organizations, and Nonprofits who are partnering with the Milton Area Chamber of Commerce to help further their mission, and bring awareness to our community and business leaders. Membership is a great way to expand your network!
Should My Nonprofit Organization Be a Member of the Chamber?
The answer is a resounding yes! And the business community definitely benefits from interacting with and supporting nonprofits who are providing needed services for the area. Nonprofits use Chamber membership primarily to increase community awareness. One of our new nonprofit members recently asked for some tips for maximizing her organization’s Chamber membership so that she could connect with other Chamber members who “are looking to do some community give back through sponsorships or donate their time.
Here are the tips we shared with her:
- Attend and participate in Chamber events. It’s all about relationships, so it’s definitely worth the time and effort you put into participating in events and committees. This is a great way to seek out new members for your Board, promote your events, find volunteers, and sponsorships. Two of our nonprofit members received funding last month from one of our members as a direct result of discussions and business card exchanges at Chamber events. Our for-profit members often base their community givebacks on the relationships they’ve established.
- Plan a table display at one of the Chamber Community Events. This is the perfect opportunity to elevate the visibility of our nonprofit members and the way they improve our community.
- Request assistance with a Milestone Event. If you have started a new nonprofit, if you are moving to a new location, or celebrating an expansion or re-brand, our staff will assist you with planning a promotion of a Member Milestone event such as a Ribbon Cutting or Open House.
- Reserve space in our office window. Our office is located in a highly visible area on Merchant Row. Help our members to get to know you and understand your mission and services. A two-week reservation is $50.
- Advertising Opportunities. Advertise your events or share information in our bi-weekly e-newsletter for no-charge. Our Newsletter is sent to over 1000 people locally.
- Connect with us on Social Media. We utilize Facebook and will share your posts with our followers. This expands your reach with very little work on your part! Low cost advertising opportunities. As far as visibility at the local level, a chamber offers a wide range of affordable advertising options and sponsorship packages for just about every business or nonprofit, regardless of how big or small their budget may be. For the price of a few ads within a major media outlet, you can often sponsor an entire program with the chamber, give a short commercial about your company, meet new prospects, and follow up with the list of attendees who may have a need for your offering. This is a wonderful way to hold your marketing dollars accountable and see them working hard right before your eyes. A common area to get low cost or free advertising is submitting updates or news briefs for possible inclusion within the chamber newsletter.
Contact the Milton Area Chamber of Commerce today to start your membership 608-868-6222!